Wednesday 18 December 2013

How to connect a Pivotal Tracker project and a Bitbucket repository

How to connect a Pivotal Tracker project and a Bitbucket repository 
I wanted to connect bitbucket and pivotal tracker so that I didn't have to micromanage every little change that was made to the project. 
What I did:
Assumptions: I have created a bitbucket account, I have a Repo, I have a pivotal tracker account and I am part of the project.
  1. Go to Pivotal Tracker – > Profile and then at the bottom of the page copy the API Token (or create one if not there)
  2. Go to Bitbucket -> The repository ->  click on the Administration link (Gear in top right corner)
  3. In the left column menu select Hooks
  4. From the "Select a hook" Service drop down list select Pivotal Tracker
  5. Paste in the Pivotal Tracker API Token that you copied earlier and save
You can now use commits that have a square brackets [#111111] with the pivotal issue ticket and update pivotal when making a commit
How to use:
Commit in the normal way but in the the message include in square brackets the story id from pivotal tracker. and it will be marked off we you commit the change.
git add .
git commit -m "[#112123] Finished this story-issue-bug-foolserrand"
FYI Github works in the same way but you don't need the square brackets...

No comments:

Post a Comment